Parents often ask us how they can help their child to do well at school. Take a look at these top tips:
* Ensure your child has a good nights sleep. The NHS recommends a child aged 4-7 should have between 10 hours 30 minutes and 11 hours 30 minutes each night!
* Provide a healthy breakfast to improve concentration and learning.
* Bring a water bottle to school everyday.
* Get active! Children should have 60 minutes of physical activity a day, so try walking to school, or go home via the park.
* Limit your child's screen time (TV, video games, tablets) and ensure content is appropriate. The AAP (American Academy of Paediatrics) recommend a limit of 1-2 hours per day.
* Read! According to Unesco (the United Nations agency which promotes knowledge), the biggest single indicator of whether a child is going to thrive at school and in work is whether or not they read for pleasure.
Whole School Learning Links
The links below are suitable for all year groups.